- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
They should work it out quietly
To the editor:I have never claimed to be overly intelligent by the world's standards, but the few things I do know tell me that the feud between House Speaker Rod Jetton and state Rep. Scott Lipke is not helping either of them or the Republican Party.
Instead of picking at a wound, why not sit down and quietly reason it out together, then come together in front of the TV cameras with the promise to work it out for the good of all those they both represent?
Keep in mind: We discipline our children in some way for bad-mouthing. It also works for grown-ups. Just get together. If they don't, nobody wins.
Good help is truly needed for the people of Missouri. As Forrest Gump said in the movie, "That's all I got to say about that."
GOLDIE PENDER BENEFIELD, Cape Girardeau