- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Religion calendar 09/06/03
Family Day event from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. today at Bethany Baptist Church. Activities include carnival games and prizes for children, a cookout luncheon, music provided by local talent and an ice-cream churning contest that starts at 4 p.m. Music groups will perform at 1, 3, 5 and 6:30 p.m., with the main concert at 7 p.m.
Gospel singing at 7 p.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge, Ill., with music by the Gloryroad Travelers and Rejoice. For information, call (618) 995-2306.
Awana program begins at Cape Bible Chapel for children ages 4 through sixth grade with a club meeting at 4 p.m. Weekly meeting will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. on Sundays from September through April. To learn more, contact the church at 334-5948 or call 243-3496.
Building dedication at 11:30 a.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Perryville for its new school building.
St. Joseph Church in Scott City will hold a fall dinner from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the parish hall.
United Methodist Men at Zion United Methodist Church will meet at 7 p.m.
Fruitland Community Church will hold a satellite broadcast of Dr. James Dobson from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Dobson will speak about his book "Bringing up Boys" during the program. For information, call 204-0724.