- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Community digest 2/15/07
Cape Girardeau Civil War Roundtable will meet
Dr. Frank Nickell, director of the regional history center at Southeast Missouri State University, will present "The New Lincoln" at the next meeting of the Cape Girardeau Civil War Roundtable. The group will meet at 2 p.m. Sunday at Hanover Lutheran Church, 2949 Perryville Road.
AARP offers assistance with filing of tax returns
AARP will assist Cape Girardeau and Jackson residents with electronic filing of tax returns at several locations. The service will be available from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursdays, through April 12, Jackson Senior Center, 2960 Traveler's Way; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, through April 14, Cape Girardeau Public Library, 711 N. Clark Ave.; 9 a.m. to noon Mondays, Feb. 5 to April 9, Salvation Army Building, 701 Good Hope (closed Feb. 19), Cape Girardeau; 1 to 4 p.m. Mondays, through April 9 Cape City Library (closed Feb. 19); 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, through April 11, Cape Senior Center, 921 N. Clark Ave.; 1 to 4 p.m. Mondays, through April 9, Riverside Library, 204 S. Union St., Jackson (closed Feb. 19).
Women Voters to discuss disaster preparedness
The League of Women Voters of Southeast Missouri will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Cape Girardeau Public Library for a meeting on disaster preparedness. The featured speaker, Jamie Koehler, is the emergency services director of the Southeast Chapter of the American Red Cross.
Upcoming contra dance scheduled for March 3
The Cape Friends of Traditional Music and Dance will hold a contra dance from 7 to 9:30 p.m. March 3 at Christ Episcopal Church, 101 N. Fountain St.
-- From staff reports