- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BUNCOMBE, Ill. -- John R. Lence, 64, of Buncombe died Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2007, at his home.
He was born June 20, 1942, in Anna, Ill., son of Frank George and Minnie Snell Lence.
Lence was a lineman. He was a member of IBEW Local 702 in West Frankfort, Ill., Saline Masonic Lodge 339 at Goreville, Ill., and the Knights of Apethia.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Survivors include a daughter, Christina Farley of Metropolis, Ill.; a son, Billy Lence of Cypress, Ill.; two brothers, Frankie and Robert "Bob" Lence of Anna; stepmother, Violet Lence of Anna; companion, Diana Hedgecock of Carbondale, Ill.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 7:30 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. Masonic service will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.