- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Mary L. Flannigan, 79, of Cairo died Monday, Feb. 12, 2007, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born Jan. 17, 1928, in Cypress, Ill., daughter of Jesse Earl and Emma Gaddish Turner Sr. She married Doug Long, who preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry Kurtz of Mounds, Ill., Mike Long of Villa Ridge, Ill.; three daughters, Judy Webb and Brenda Snider of Marion, Ill., Marci Sharp of Olmsted, Ill.; several grandchildren; and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, stepfather, a brother and a half sister.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Kelley officiating. Burial will be in Sims Cemetery north of Tamms, Ill.