- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Robert J. Blechle, 67, of Perryville died Monday, Feb. 12, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 15, 1939, in Perry County, son of Adolph August and Otilla Justine Bohnert Blechle Sr. He and Georgia "Fay" Henderson were married Sept. 29, 1962.
Blechle was a forklift operator at Gilster-Mary Lee and a logger and timberman. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. He served in Missouri National Guard.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Debra Quamen and Nancy Blechle of Carbondale, Ill., Connie Lambert of Fenton, Mo.; a brother, Virgil Blechle of O'Fallon, Mo.; and two granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 4:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Henry Grodecki officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.