- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Elsie Morine Floyd, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Sept. 1, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 19, 1910, in Linden, Tenn., daughter of Lige and Minnie Ardella Plunkett. She married William David Floyd, who preceded her in death.
Floyd was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Ardella Simms of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Dorothy Planette of Williamsville, Mo.; nine grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son.
The funeral was held Thursday at Heath Colonial Chapel in Paragould, Ark. The Rev. Truman Wycoff officiated. Burial was in Woodland Heights Cemetery in Rector, Ark.