- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Mary B. Brown, 82, of Charleston died Thursday, Sept. 4, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 28, 1921, in Columbus, Ky., daughter of James H. and Carrie Boyd Jones. She and Paul Brown were married May 17, 1941. He died May 15, 1985.
Brown lived in Charleston most of her life. She was secretary 30 years at Associated Natural Gas Co., retiring in 1987. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Dolly Martin of Charleston, Paula Skelton of Scott City, Brenda Marberry of Desloge, Mo.; a sister, Virginia Wright of Oklahoma City, Okla.; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gerald Collier officiating. Burial will be in IOOF Cemetery.