- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Robert A. Fornkahl, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Feb. 11, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born March 12, 1911, in Cape Girardeau, son of Herman and Amelia Holtz Fornkahl. He and Leona Rehkopf were married Nov. 28, 1935, in Cape Girardeau. She died Sept. 19, 2005.
Fornkahl farmed in the Egypt Mills area and did carpentry work all his life. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church of Egypt Mills.
He is survived by two sons, Gary Fornkahl and wife Karen, Ronald Fornkahl and wife Glenda, all of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, a half brother and a half sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Trinity Lutheran Church of Egypt Mills, with the Rev. Kevin Olson officiating. Burial will be at Trinity Church Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran Church Building Fund at Egypt Mills, 5665 County Road 635, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.