- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ruth Schwartz, 65, of Jackson passed away Monday, Feb. 12, 2007, at Jackson Manor.
She was born Feb. 19, 1941, daughter of Gene and Hazel Grimes Allen. She and Mike Schwartz were married April 23, 1960, in Cape Girardeau.
Ruth was a 1958 graduate of Jackson High School. She was a member of Cross Roads Baptist Church of Jackson.
She worked at Sears 12 years, and then at Famous-Barrr 23 years as the human resource administrator, retiring in 2003.
Ruth enjoyed home decorating, sewing and cross stitching.
In addition to her loving husband, survivors include two sons, Mark (Becky) Schwartz and their son, Wade, of Cape Girardeau, and Matthew (Tonya) Schwartz and their sons Justin and Dylan of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Kenneth Allen.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Brian Anderson officiating. Interment will follow in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Cross Roads Baptist Church or Southeast Hospice.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.