- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Joseph Alan "Joe" Brockmire, 58, of Jackson died Saturday, Feb. 10, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau after an extended illness.
He was born Dec. 27, 1948, in Cairo, Ill., son of Arnold Charles and Anna Josephine Schuch Brockmire. He and Angela Rottenbuecher were married May 8, 1985, in Delta.
Brockmire was a 1967 graduate of Central High School. He served in the Army from March 6, 1968, to Dec. 1, 1971, and was stationed in Berlin. He was in the Army Reserves until 1976. After his active duty military service, Brockmire attended Southeast Missouri State University for two years. He worked for Procter & Gamble as a line technician almost 21 years.
Survivors include his wife, Angela Brockmire; a son, Brooks Brockmire and a daughter, Brittany Brockmire, all of Jackson; two brothers, Arnie Brockmire of Littleton, Colo., and Lee Brockmire of Louisville, Ky.; three sisters, Sandy Holt of Louisville, Mary Kenkel of Jackson, Pat Kessler of Payson, Ariz.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer and Monsignor Ed Eftink co-celebrating. Burial will be at Cape Girardeau County Memorial Park.