- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Trombonist Lancaster to perform at Southeast
Jazz trombonist Rodney Lancaster will join the Southeast Missouri State University jazz program for a gala jazz concert at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 16 in Academic Hall Auditorium. The concert will be the culminating event of the Clark Terry/Phi Mu Alpha Jazz Festival taking place Feb. 16 and 17. Lancaster has performed with such names as Ella Fitzgerald, the Illinois Jacquet Orchestra, Maynard Ferguson, the Lionel Hampton Orchestra and the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra. The concert will feature both university jazz ensembles, the Jazz Lab Band and Studio Jazz, performing recognizable jazz songs. For more information, call Robert Conger at 651-2398.
Piano faculty member performs solo recital
Southeast Missouri State University faculty member Jim Sifferman will present a solo piano recital at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20 in Academic Hall Auditorium. Sifferman will perform works by Bach, Mozart, Ravel, Chopin and Liszt. He holds degrees from the University of Washington, Juilliard and the University of Texas at Austin, and has appeared as a concerto soloist with numerous orchestras. For more information, call 651-2265.
Open Window Studio taking sign ups
Open Window Studio in Jackson is now taking sign ups for three separate children's art classes to be held this month. "Doodlebugs," a class for children ages 3 through 6, starts Feb. 21; "Kreative Kids," for ages 6 through 10, starts Feb. 21; and "Artist's Club," for ages 8 and up, begins Feb. 20. Deadline for registration for all classes is Saturday. For more information, call 243-1448.
Improv show tonight in Ste. Genevieve
STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. -- The PaperSlip Improv group out of St. Louis will present a performance tonight at the Orris Theatre in Ste. Genevieve. The show will benefit the ColeBeanBay Theatre, a new professional summer stock company coming to Ste. Genevieve this summer. For more information, call (314) 605-7788.
ASU jazz band to appear in Kennett
KENNETT, Mo. -- The Tribe, Arkansas State University's premier jazz ensemble, will appear in concert at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Kennett High School Auditorium. The 18-piece band performs the classics of big band greats like Glenn Miller, Count Basie and Stan Kenton, as well as more modern arrangements. Admission is free. For more information, call (573) 888-6396.
-- From staff reports