- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Dorothy von Schlutter
Dorothy Mae Stanley von Schlutter, 77, of Burbank, Ill., passed away Sunday, Feb. 4, 2007, at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Ill.
She was born Feb. 26, 1929, at Neelys Landing, the youngest daughter of Marshall and Nellie Johnson Stanley. She and Jack E. McCain were married in 1945. They divorced in 1968. In 1973 she was married to Charles E. von Schlutter, who survives.
Dorothy was employed as a parts expediter for Clark Equipment Co. in Bedford Park, Ill. She retired in 1984. She was an active member of Burbank Manor Presbyterian Church.
She enjoyed cooking, gardening, and traveling. For over 20 years she volunteered at St. Joseph's Food Pantry in Summit, Ill.
In addition to her loving husband, other survivors include a son, Gilbert E. (Marie) McCain of Tinley Park, Ill.; a daughter, Barbara McCain of Chicago Ridge, Ill.; two stepsons, Charles (Barbara) von Schlutter of Lexington, Ky., David (Martha) Kramer of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; a stepdaughter, Jane von Schlutter of Matteson, Ill.; two sisters, Marie Brown of Jackson and Mary Alice McBride of Perryville, Mo.
Also surviving are 11 grandchildren, Sandra Kolb, Christine (Greg) Bartecki, David McCain, Tessa McCain, Duane (Laura) Kimbriel, John (Katti) Kramer, Lynn Kramer, Rebecca Feigen, Jason von Schlutter, Jessica von Schlutter and Joshua von Schlutter; seven great-grandchildren, Steven Kolb, Ava Elizabeth Bartecki, Tyler Feigen, Zoey Westmoreland, Steven Kimbriel, Raechel Kimbriel and Jacob Kimbriel.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a son, Jackie Lee McCain; a sister, Louise Stanley Sides; and two brothers, Donald Stanley and Wesley Stanley.
Friends may call Friday from 9 a.m. until time of service at 1:30 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. The Rev. Dr. Grant Gillard of First Presbyterian Church in Jackson will officiate. Interment will follow in Apple Creek Cemetery near Pocahontas.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Burbank Manor Presbyterian Church, 7850 Central Avenue, Burbank, Ill., 60459, or Apple Creek Cemetery Association.