- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Jewel Reimler, 88, of Advance died Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2007, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 1, 1918, near Advance, daughter of Fred C. and Minnie I. Taylor Croy. She and Chris F. Reimler were married Oct. 26, 1935, at Jackson. He died March 30, 1976.
Reimler worked as director of the Senior Citizens program in Bollinger County and helped establish senior citizen clubs at Zalma, Junction 51-91, Glennon, Leopold, Patton and Marble Hill, Mo.
She also helped her husband farm and operate a grocery store and service station near Junction 51-91 many years. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Advance, Sunday school teacher, WMU director and sang in the choir.
Survivors include two sisters, Betty Cato of Cape Girardeau and Clara Walker of Oxford, Ohio.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Burial will be in Dongola Cemetery at Dongola, Mo.