- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DEXTER, Mo. -- Betty Colleen Ezell, 69, of Dexter died Sunday, Feb. 4, 2007, at her home.
She was born June 12, 1937, in Essex, Mo., daughter of Clemmer and Reba Tedford DeJournett. She and Glen Ray Ezell were married June 27, 1955, in Union City, Tenn.
Ezell had lived in Texas and Colorado and returned to Dexter in 1967. She owned and operated Betty's Draperies in Dexter 28 years.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Brian Ezell of Miner, Mo.; a daughter, Dawn Gordon of Fayetteville, N.C.; a sister, Patricia Book of Cape Girardeau; and a granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Greg Meadows officiating. Burial be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.