- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Gilbert L. "Gib" Pender, 70, of Anna died Sunday, Feb. 4, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 13, 1936, in Alto Pass, Ill., son of Fred and Helen Rhodes Pender. He and Lou Ella Casper were married March 21, 1959, in Cobden, Ill.
Pender was employed 19 years with Hawthorn-Mellody Farms in Libertyville, Ill. He also worked 19 years with Illinois Mineral and Unimen Corp., retiring in August 1998. He attended First Baptist Church in Jonesboro, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Jeff Pender of Gurnee, Ill., Brian and Dale Pender of Jonesboro; six brothers, Paul Pender of Cobden, Fred Pender, Clarence and Jim Pind, all of Jonesboro, Don Pind of Wolf Lake, Ill., Mike Pind of Anna; three sisters, Mildred Fox of Jonesboro, Barbara Barlow of Anna, Cuba Pind of Round Rock, Texas; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery at Lick Creek, Ill.