- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Georgia L. Hedgecorth, 87, of Ironton, Mo., died Monday, Feb. 5, 2007, at The Baptist Home.
She was born Aug. 3, 1919, in Elvins, Mo., daughter of Walter T. and Pearl Johnson Bayless. She married Cecil W. Hedgecorth June 25, 1946. He preceded her in death May 31, 1988.
Hedgecorth was a member of First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two daughters, Linda Dirden and husband Joe, Susan Russell and husband Dr. John Russell, all of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Bonnie Warren of Bonne Terre, Mo.; a niece, Sharon Moore of Atlanta; six grandchildren, Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Bruce Dirden of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, Wendy Dirden of Cape Girardeau, Samantha Berens and husband U.S. Air Force 1st Lt. Tyler of Fort Walton Beach, Fla., Andrea Russell, Jenna Russell and Mia Russell, all of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and three brothers.
A private graveside service will be held Wednesday in Bonne Terre.
C.Z. Boyer and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to The Baptist Home, Ironton, P.O. Box 87, Ironton, Mo., 63650.