- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MORLEY, Mo. -- Viola Jones, 80, of Morley died Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2003, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Leachville, Ark., daughter of Charlie Allen and May F. House Woods. She and Charles J. Jones were married May 10, 1948. He died March 25, 1970.
Jones was a member of Hooe Baptist Church at Oran, Mo.
Survivors include three daughters, Phyllis Terry of Vandalia, Mo., Ann Nordin of Chaffee, Mo., Vicky Shoemaker of Jackson; a sister, Rachael Woods of Morley; eight grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild. Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Watis Harrell officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery.