- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Richard G. Fowler, 72, of Sardis, Miss., died Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2003, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born Feb. 18, 1931, in Cape Girardeau, son of William Harrison and Nellie Mae Eaker Fowler. He married Martha Appleton.
Fowler was raised in Cape Girardeau. He worked 20 years for the U.S. Postal Service. He was a member of Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church in Sardis.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Steven Fowler of Charleston, Miss., Mark Fowler of Sardis; a sister, Pauline Langston of St. Charles, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. today at Wells Funeral Home in Batesville, Miss., with the Rev. Norman Holliday officiating. Burial will be in Forrest Memorial Park in Batesville.