- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Barbara Sides Lunceford, 49, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, Feb. 3, 2007, at her home.
She was born Nov. 5, 1957, in Cape Girardeau, the daughter of Roy Francis and Hilda Lydia (Rubel) Sides. She first married Frank L. Snider Jr. He proceeded her in death on May 5, 1999. Later, she married Gary Lee Lunceford on Dec. 9, 2000, in Cape Girardeau. He proceeded her in death on Jan. 7, 2006.
Barbara was a LPN, working for Deal's Nursing Home and Jackson Manor in Jackson, and for Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau. She also did private duty nursing before becoming disabled. She attended the Calvary United Pentecostal Church in Jackson.
Survivors include a son, Frank Lesley Snider III of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Peggy Teague of Jackson; two brothers, John Michael Sides of Powell, Wyo., and Jeffery Joe Sides of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren, Frank Lesley Snider IV and Alexzandria Faye Snider; six nieces; and four nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husbands and a sister.
Friends may call from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
Graveside services will be at 1:15 p.m. Tuesday at the Lorimier Cemetery with the Rev. Ronnie Brown and nephew Rev. Jay Teague officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.