- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Zenoba Smothers, 97, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Bloomfield, Mo., died Saturday, Feb. 3, 2007, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Jan. 28, 1910, near Swinton, daughter of Linnie Ridge and Logan A. Hobbs. She and Harvey H. Smothers were married June 28, 1927. He died April 22, 2004.
Smothers was an active member of the First General Baptist Church of Bloomfield.
Survivors include two sons, Jim Smothers of The Villages, Fla., Gary Smothers of Bloomfield, Mo.; two grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the First General Baptist Church in Bloomfield, with the Rev. Kevin Eskew officiating.
Burial will follow in George Cemetery.