- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Myrtle Madeline "Lena" Albright, 85, of Cairo, died Friday, Feb. 2, 2007 at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
She was born Sept. 1, 1921 in Mattoon, Ill., daughter of Tom and Blanche Ham.
Albright was a veteran of World War II, serving in the U.S. Army Air Force. She was a member of Washington Avenue Baptist Church in Cairo.
Survivors include two sons, Thomas Albright of Mounds, Ill., and Dana Albright of Arlington, Ky.; a brother, Dick Ham of America, Ill.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Monday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. at the funeral home with the Rev. Steve Boyd officiating.
Interment will follow at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge with military honors offered by Pulaski County Memorial VFW Post 8891 of Mounds, VFW Post 2649 of Cairo and Louis Phares American Legion Post 178 of Villa Ridge.