- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ORAN, Mo. -- Dorothy M. Halter, 80, of Oran died Friday, Feb. 2, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born April 27. 1926, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Seth and Mary Eaker Craft.
She and Paul "Junior" Halter were married Oct. 4, 1947. He died Jan. 19, 2000.
She was a member of the Guardian Angel Catholic Church and St. Ann Sodality at Oran, Ladies Auxillary of Cape Girardeau VFW Post No. 3838, KCettes of Oran, Council No. 4311.
Survivors include one son, Tim Halter of Oran; one daughter, Linda (Larry) Shy, of Oran; one brother, Robert Craft of Pocahontas, Mo., one sister, Virginia Feverston of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Chris Shy, Heather Eakin and Damon Shy, all of Oran; seven great-grandchildren, Tyler Simmons-Eakin, Chelsea Shy, Jacob Shy, Bradley Brooks, Krisman Eakin, Kaylee Eakin and Laney Shy.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a grandson, Shane Halter; and a brother, Jack Craft.
Friends may call Monday, Feb. 4, after 4 p.m. at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish prayers are at 7 p.m. followed by KC prayers at 7:15 p.m.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 5, at the Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in the Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery.