- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Bernita Crawford, 88, of Charleston died Thursday, Feb. 1, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 16, 1918, at Steele, Mo., daughter of Arthur and Estie Mae Chunn Key. She and Guy Thomas Crawford were married April 9, 1938. He died May 4, 1992.
Crawford lived in Charleston most of her life.
Survivors include two sons, Tom and Richard Crawford of Charleston; three daughters, Blanche Presson of St. Louis, Diann Zoellner and Lou Goodall of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Glenn Key of Minneapolis; two sisters, Laverne Lucy of Winston, Calif., LaRue Tinsley of Scottsdale, Ariz.; 11 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and 15 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and four sisters.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at McMikle Funeral Home, with the Rev. Gerald Collier officiating. Burial will be in IOOF Cemetery.