- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Clyde Curtis Sr.
MORLEY, Mo. -- Clyde H. Curtis Sr., 72, of Morley died Thursday, Feb. 1, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 6, 1934, at Cuba Landing, Tenn., son of Melvin B. and Flora Ella Williams Curtis. He first married Rosa Brown Feb. 12, 1951. She died Aug. 31, 2001. He and Lucille Stidham were married Dec. 8, 2006.
Curtis was a retired heavy equipment operator with Stovall Construction in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Hooe Baptist Church in Oran, Mo., and Operating Engineers Local 513 in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Clyde Curtis Jr. of Oran, Melvin Curtis of Morley; three daughters, Karla Seyer of Austin, Texas, Barbara Heisserer of Indianapolis, Susan Martin of Linn Creek, Mo.; three brothers, Noel Curtis of St. Louis, Eugene Curtis of Scurry, Texas, Joe Curtis of Millington, Tenn.; three sisters, Lavern Alderson of Lakeland, Tenn., Betty Phillips of Farmington, Mo., Judy May of Bartlett, Tenn.; 18 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a grandson.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 2 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hooe Baptist Church, with the Rev. Aaron Cornman officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens at Morley.