- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BERTRAND, Mo. -- Vera Lou Black, 65, of Bertrand died Thursday, Feb. 1, 2007, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo. She was formerly of Oran.
She was born Oct. 28, 1941, at Bell City, Mo., daughter of Yewell Aubrey and Earlie Lucille Martin Taylor. She and Darrell Black Jr. were married July 29, 1983.
Black was a self-employed farmer. She was a member of Trinity Methodist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, David Black of Shiloh, Ill., Michael Black of Bertrand; four daughters, Karen Dunn and Sherry Newton of Enid, Miss., Sandy Friga of Oran, Cindy Taylor of Sikeston; her mother of Bertrand; four brothers, Junior Taylor of Bertrand, Glenn, Larry and Ricky Taylor of Benton, Mo.; a sister, Beverly Allred of Sikeston; 16 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father, a sister and two grandchildren.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jeff Reeves officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley, Mo.