- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gladys M. Garvey, 92, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, Feb. 1, 2007, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Oct. 25, 1914, in Fitzgerald, Ga., daughter of Duncan and Sarah Walker McCrimmon. She and James Patrick Garvey were married Feb. 9, 1952. He died Nov. 3, 1987.
Gladys was a member of Epiphany Catholic Church in South Miami, Fla., and attended St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau.
She was a registered nurse in Fitzgerald and Miami, retiring from the health care industry in 1993.
Loving survivors are her son and daughter-in-law, Joe and Maryann Garvey; and three grandsons, Nicholas, Kyle and Drew Garvey, all of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with Monsignor Edward Eftink officiating. Burial will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to Boy Scout Troop 311, or Immaculate Conception Building Fund.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.