- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Club news 9/3/03
Capaha Scottish Rite
The Capaha Scottish Rite Women's Club met at the home of Laura Corse for their August meeting. There were nine members and nine visitors present.
Luella Armstrong presided and led the Pledge of Allegiance. Cynthia Alfaro was in charge of the program.
The September meeting will be held at the Country Kettle in Biehle, Mo., with Lil Birkman as hostess. Mary Mouser will be in charge of the program.
Nancy Hunter NSDAR
The executive board of the Nancy Hunter Chapter of NSDAR met Aug. 26 in the Hirsch Room at Cape Girardeau Public Library. Next year's programs were discussed and officers were appointed.
Officers for the 2003-04 year are Katherine Tolson, regent; Sharon Rowland, vice regent; Lois Spaulding, chaplain; Catherine Allison, secretary; Ruth Lange, treasurer; Mary Lou Lett, registrar; Dorothy Points; historian; and Barbara Pemberton, liberian.
The next club meeting will be Sept. 24 at Chateau Girardeau for an 11:30 a.m. luncheon. Irene Popp and Lange will be co-hostesses.
The Exchange Club of Cape Girardeau met Aug. 19 at Port Cape Girardeau.
Members will work at the 4-H food stand during the SEMO District Fair, and the 4-H members will help at the club's ham and bean day in November.
President Joe Perez reported that the new roof should be done soon on the park shelter. John Eggimann will handle arrangements for the stag night at the next meeting on Sept. 16.
-- From staff reports