- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
WARE, Ill. -- James Michael "Mike" Watkins, 56, of Mount Pleasant, Ill., died Monday, Sept. 1, 2003, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale in Carbondale, Ill.
He was born July 27, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, son of Troy James and Mary Leota Rogers Watkins. He and Carol L. Stokes were married May 19, 1972, in Ware.
Watkins was a dairy and grain farmer.
He served with the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Ware; two sisters, Donna Brown of Knoxville, Tenn., Linda Morgan of Ware; two brothers, Robert and David Watkins of Ware.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., after 5 p.m. today, and Thursday until service time.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in McGinnis Cemetery, with military honors by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna.