- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Retractable wall? That's my idea, not the editor's
To the editor:
I am very mad at editor Joe Sullivan. He virtually stole my idea. In his Aug. 22 column, Sullivan left readers with the distinct impression that he came up with the idea that a retractable floodwall would improve the appearance of downtown Cape Girardeau.
In fact, I first suggested the idea in Speak Out. Furthermore, I said the wall should be transparent. So the idea was mine. All mine. Mine! Mine! Mine! Because I am modest, I usually don't go public with my comments, complaints and suggestions. However, in this instance I couldn't stand to think of a Nobel or whatever prize going to Sullivan for a brilliant idea that first germinated in my mind. I demand a public apology.