- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Retractable wall? That's my idea, not the editor's
To the editor:
I am very mad at editor Joe Sullivan. He virtually stole my idea. In his Aug. 22 column, Sullivan left readers with the distinct impression that he came up with the idea that a retractable floodwall would improve the appearance of downtown Cape Girardeau.
In fact, I first suggested the idea in Speak Out. Furthermore, I said the wall should be transparent. So the idea was mine. All mine. Mine! Mine! Mine! Because I am modest, I usually don't go public with my comments, complaints and suggestions. However, in this instance I couldn't stand to think of a Nobel or whatever prize going to Sullivan for a brilliant idea that first germinated in my mind. I demand a public apology.