- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Retractable wall? That's my idea, not the editor's
To the editor:
I am very mad at editor Joe Sullivan. He virtually stole my idea. In his Aug. 22 column, Sullivan left readers with the distinct impression that he came up with the idea that a retractable floodwall would improve the appearance of downtown Cape Girardeau.
In fact, I first suggested the idea in Speak Out. Furthermore, I said the wall should be transparent. So the idea was mine. All mine. Mine! Mine! Mine! Because I am modest, I usually don't go public with my comments, complaints and suggestions. However, in this instance I couldn't stand to think of a Nobel or whatever prize going to Sullivan for a brilliant idea that first germinated in my mind. I demand a public apology.