- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)5
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)10
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Retractable wall? That's my idea, not the editor's
To the editor:
I am very mad at editor Joe Sullivan. He virtually stole my idea. In his Aug. 22 column, Sullivan left readers with the distinct impression that he came up with the idea that a retractable floodwall would improve the appearance of downtown Cape Girardeau.
In fact, I first suggested the idea in Speak Out. Furthermore, I said the wall should be transparent. So the idea was mine. All mine. Mine! Mine! Mine! Because I am modest, I usually don't go public with my comments, complaints and suggestions. However, in this instance I couldn't stand to think of a Nobel or whatever prize going to Sullivan for a brilliant idea that first germinated in my mind. I demand a public apology.