- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Low gas prices here are result of competition
To the editor:
I read with great interest the article on gasoline prices by Scott Moyers in Saturday's Southeast Missourian.
I found the article was correct and contained good information.
The article failed to mention the reason we enjoy such low gasoline prices here in the Cape Girardeau and Jackson area. That reason is Basic Fuel.
Let me assure you that we would be paying the same prices as our surrounding neighbors in the St. Louis area if it were not for Basic Fuel. Gasoline costs anywhere from 12 to 15 cents more in the St. Louis area than it does in the Cape and Jackson area. The cost of gasoline at Basic Fuel is always 6 to 12 cents lower than the majority of outlets here in Cape and Jackson.
Let's give credit where credit is due.