- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Low gas prices here are result of competition
To the editor:
I read with great interest the article on gasoline prices by Scott Moyers in Saturday's Southeast Missourian.
I found the article was correct and contained good information.
The article failed to mention the reason we enjoy such low gasoline prices here in the Cape Girardeau and Jackson area. That reason is Basic Fuel.
Let me assure you that we would be paying the same prices as our surrounding neighbors in the St. Louis area if it were not for Basic Fuel. Gasoline costs anywhere from 12 to 15 cents more in the St. Louis area than it does in the Cape and Jackson area. The cost of gasoline at Basic Fuel is always 6 to 12 cents lower than the majority of outlets here in Cape and Jackson.
Let's give credit where credit is due.