- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Community briefs 1/29/07
Tax help available at East Missouri Action Agency
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, sponsored through the IRS, offers free tax help to people whose incomes are $38,000 or less. This program can provide fast electronic tax filing and fast refunds. Call East Missouri Action Agency in Cape Girardeau at 334-5533 or toll free at (800) 430-2978 for help with your tax return.
Kage FCE Club donates to Cape Senior Center
A $200 check was presented to Cape Senior Center administrator Susan McClanahan by Kage FCE Club president Dortha Strack and treasurer Opal Collins recently. A $100 grant was received from the Missouri Foundation for Family and Community Education. The club gave a matching donation.
Parts featured at 41st annual swap meet
The Capaha Antique Car Club will sponsor its 41st annual swap meet from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 18 at the Arena Building in Cape Girardeau. Antique and classic car, truck and tractor parts will be featured.
-- From staff reports