- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council action
(Second and third readings)n Approved the record plat of Kinder Lynwood Townhouse No. 1 on Lynwood Hills Drive.
Approved the record plat of Kinder Lynwood Townhouse No. 2 on Lynwood Hills Drive.
Established handicap parking in the 700 block of Jefferson Avenue.
Approved the acquisition of property for the pedestrian bridge over Highway 74 at Ellis Street.
Approved the record plat of Rock Creek Meadows Subdivision, located north of Lynwood Hills Drive and west of Route W.
Approved the record plat of R&M Second Subdivision in the 700 block of South Kingshighway.
Approved the record plat of a resubdivision of lots 3 and 4 in Mount Auburn Subdivision 3 in the 1300 block of Copper Drive.
Approved the record plat of MRW Retail Shopping Center lots 1 and 2, formerly Albertsons.
Approved traffic lights at Mount Auburn Road and Independence.
Approved placing yield signs at Mount Auburn Road and Independence Street.
Approved an ordinance restricting parking on Alta Vista.
(First reading)n Accepted general warranty deeds, permanent utility easements and temporary construction easements from various property owners for the widening of Silver Springs Road from Highway 74 to Mount Auburn Road.
Eliminated the city residency requirement to serve as municipal judge.
Established new no parking on a section of New Madrid Street.
Granted a special-use permit to DSW Development Corporation and AAT Communications Corporation for the purpose of maintaining and operating a 195-foot cellular communication tower and equipment pad in the 300 block of Silver Springs Road.
Approved an ordinance enacting a new section of the city code on special assessment projects.
Amended the city code to allow sale of alcoholic beverages on Sundays beginning at 9 a.m. rather than the current 11 a.m.
Executed a release of lien for the Federal Home Loan Bank Grant Program.
Executed a release of lien for the Community Block Grant Program.Liquor license
Gave conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for Thomas C. Scruggs, III, d/b/a Big's Blues on Broadway, 502 Broadway.
Accepted into the city's system the street, sewer and water improvements for Rock Creek Meadows Subdivision.