- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Winery launches line of chocolates
Chaumette Vineyards and Winery in Ste. Genevieve, Mo., has launched a line of chocolates called Chaumette's Classic Companions. The chocolates are wrapped in gold tins with wine pairing suggestions on the labels. The winery decided to create the line of chocolate due to growing consumer interest in pairing wine with chocolate.
Jackson chamber Web site now up and running
The Jackson Chamber of Commerce's new Web site, www.jacksonmochamber.org, is now available. The site includes the history, attractions, economic development and relocation information for the city of Jackson as well as information about the chamber. A calender of chamber meetings and events is also available.
Office manager finishes holistic training
Michelle Beussink completed the Advanced Training for All-Well Holistic Healthcare on Jan. 6 in New Bedford, Mass. The training was an intensive course showcasing natural, technologically-advanced and proprietary wellness, anti-aging and maximum performance products of Synergy Worldwide. The course also focused on how to earn money by participating in the growing $1 trillion wellness industry. She is the office manager at JM Beussink Cabinetry in Jackson.
Merck rep honored by Cape Family Practice
Pete DeLuca of Merck Pharmaceuticals was recently honored as 2006 Pharmaceutical Representative of the Year by Cape Family Practice. The award is given to the individual who best serves the patients and staff of Cape Family Practice throughout the year.
-- From staff reports