- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Rodney William Hanners, 51, of Marble Hill, died Sunday, Jan. 28, 2007, at his residence.
He was born June 13, 1955, in Cape Girardeau, son of George William and Gearldean Cook Hanners. He and Peggy Dockins were married Oct. 22, 2005.
Hanners worked as a carpenter for Jamie Johle Construction Co. and was of the Baptist faith.
Survivors include his wife, Peggy Hanners of Marble Hill; mother, Gearldean Stepp and stepfather Randy Stepp of Marble Hill; a son, Deric Scott Dockins of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Chrystal Dawn King of Louisiana, Mo., and Crystal Nicole Bell of Fruitland; three brothers, Danny Hanners of St. Charles, Mo., and Randy and Scott Hanners, both of Marble Hill; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Scott Cook officiating. Burial will be at the Pulliam Cemetery near Marble Hill.