- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)43
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Suspects arrested in death of hotel employee
TROY, Mich. -- A hotel worker was shot to death and a guest wounded early Tuesday in a hotel robbery, and the shooter and several other suspects were arrested within hours, police said.
The victims were found about 1:30 a.m. at the Troy Holiday Inn in this Detroit suburb.
Employee Michelle Eberhard, 35, was killed, police said.
A 28-year-old female guest from Cedar Park, Texas, was being treated at a local hospital.
Police did not provide her name or condition.
Troy detectives, assisted by Detroit police, arrested "multiple suspects" in Detroit shortly before noon, Troy police Lt. Steve Zavislak said.
He did not say how many suspects were in custody or identify them but said, "We're confident we have the shooter in custody."
The robbers disabled the hotel's surveillance system before taking money and property from the hotel, Zavislak said. He declined to say how much money or what property was taken.
Police also declined to say where in the hotel the women were discovered, saying only that they were not found together.
The hotel was closed Tuesday morning while police investigated.