- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)19
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Suspects arrested in death of hotel employee
TROY, Mich. -- A hotel worker was shot to death and a guest wounded early Tuesday in a hotel robbery, and the shooter and several other suspects were arrested within hours, police said.
The victims were found about 1:30 a.m. at the Troy Holiday Inn in this Detroit suburb.
Employee Michelle Eberhard, 35, was killed, police said.
A 28-year-old female guest from Cedar Park, Texas, was being treated at a local hospital.
Police did not provide her name or condition.
Troy detectives, assisted by Detroit police, arrested "multiple suspects" in Detroit shortly before noon, Troy police Lt. Steve Zavislak said.
He did not say how many suspects were in custody or identify them but said, "We're confident we have the shooter in custody."
The robbers disabled the hotel's surveillance system before taking money and property from the hotel, Zavislak said. He declined to say how much money or what property was taken.
Police also declined to say where in the hotel the women were discovered, saying only that they were not found together.
The hotel was closed Tuesday morning while police investigated.