- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Suspects arrested in death of hotel employee
TROY, Mich. -- A hotel worker was shot to death and a guest wounded early Tuesday in a hotel robbery, and the shooter and several other suspects were arrested within hours, police said.
The victims were found about 1:30 a.m. at the Troy Holiday Inn in this Detroit suburb.
Employee Michelle Eberhard, 35, was killed, police said.
A 28-year-old female guest from Cedar Park, Texas, was being treated at a local hospital.
Police did not provide her name or condition.
Troy detectives, assisted by Detroit police, arrested "multiple suspects" in Detroit shortly before noon, Troy police Lt. Steve Zavislak said.
He did not say how many suspects were in custody or identify them but said, "We're confident we have the shooter in custody."
The robbers disabled the hotel's surveillance system before taking money and property from the hotel, Zavislak said. He declined to say how much money or what property was taken.
Police also declined to say where in the hotel the women were discovered, saying only that they were not found together.
The hotel was closed Tuesday morning while police investigated.