- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Suspects arrested in death of hotel employee
TROY, Mich. -- A hotel worker was shot to death and a guest wounded early Tuesday in a hotel robbery, and the shooter and several other suspects were arrested within hours, police said.
The victims were found about 1:30 a.m. at the Troy Holiday Inn in this Detroit suburb.
Employee Michelle Eberhard, 35, was killed, police said.
A 28-year-old female guest from Cedar Park, Texas, was being treated at a local hospital.
Police did not provide her name or condition.
Troy detectives, assisted by Detroit police, arrested "multiple suspects" in Detroit shortly before noon, Troy police Lt. Steve Zavislak said.
He did not say how many suspects were in custody or identify them but said, "We're confident we have the shooter in custody."
The robbers disabled the hotel's surveillance system before taking money and property from the hotel, Zavislak said. He declined to say how much money or what property was taken.
Police also declined to say where in the hotel the women were discovered, saying only that they were not found together.
The hotel was closed Tuesday morning while police investigated.