- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Suspects arrested in death of hotel employee
TROY, Mich. -- A hotel worker was shot to death and a guest wounded early Tuesday in a hotel robbery, and the shooter and several other suspects were arrested within hours, police said.
The victims were found about 1:30 a.m. at the Troy Holiday Inn in this Detroit suburb.
Employee Michelle Eberhard, 35, was killed, police said.
A 28-year-old female guest from Cedar Park, Texas, was being treated at a local hospital.
Police did not provide her name or condition.
Troy detectives, assisted by Detroit police, arrested "multiple suspects" in Detroit shortly before noon, Troy police Lt. Steve Zavislak said.
He did not say how many suspects were in custody or identify them but said, "We're confident we have the shooter in custody."
The robbers disabled the hotel's surveillance system before taking money and property from the hotel, Zavislak said. He declined to say how much money or what property was taken.
Police also declined to say where in the hotel the women were discovered, saying only that they were not found together.
The hotel was closed Tuesday morning while police investigated.