- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Health news 1/25/07
Health symposium for women scheduled
Saint Francis Medical Center will present its inaugural Women's Health Symposium from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. The latest prevention and treatment information on breast cancer, gynecologic health and heart disease will be presented by physicians during breakout sessions throughout the event. Breast cancer risk assessments will also be available for all interested symposium participants. The symposium will be held in the Saint Francis Conference Center, with doors opening at 7:30 a.m. for registration. Cost is $20 per person and includes lunch. For more information or to register, call Saint Francis' Education Department at 331-5107.
New diabetes center opens at Doctors' Park
The Southeast Missouri Hospital Diabetes Center is now open at 60 Doctors' Park in Cape Girardeau. The new center for outpatient services was established in partnership with the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis. The center will provide diabetes patients with comprehensive self-management education. The center focuses on the management of patients with type 2 diabetes, type 1 diabetes and gestational diabetes.
Ask Your Doctor, local health-care providers discuss medical issues and welcome questions from viewers who can call the show live at 334-3095, 8 to 9 p.m., cable Channel 5. This week's featured speaker will be Dr. Matthew Karshner.
American Red Cross blood drive at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City, 8 a.m. to noon.
American Red Cross blood drive at Central Middle School, 2 to 6 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse, 1 to 5 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at Trinity Baptist Church in St. Mary, Mo., 3 to 7 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at Church of Christ in Jackson, 3 to 7 p.m.
-- From staff reports