- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community digest 1/25/07
Scott County Women in Agriculture meets
BENTON, Mo. -- The Scott County Women in Agriculture will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the USDA office on Highway 77 in Benton. Darlene Halton of Delta will demonstrate making and decorating chocolate novelty items. She will have candy and candy bouquets available. For more information, contact Kay Dover at the USDA Center at (573) 545-9027.
Annual Bowl-A-Thon raises funds for MDA
The second annual MDA Super Bowl Bowl-A-Thon, scheduled for Feb. 3, will feature cosmic bowling from 7 to 9 p.m. Registration is set for 6 p.m. The event will be held at Main Street Lanes in Jackson. Participant donations will include dinner from the Branding Iron, bowling, shoe rental and T-shirt. Businesses interested in sponsoring a lane or anyone interested in forming a team should call 335-4400.
Olive Garden kicks off annual Pasta for Pennies
ST. LOUIS -- Olive Garden's Pasta for Pennies campaign challenges participating classrooms to bring spare change into school as a fund-raising benefit for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The class in each school that raises the most money receives a pasta party served by Olive Garden. For more information, call (314) 878-0780 or visit www.LLS.org.
Missouri contestants sought for pageants
Missouri contestants, age 2 to adult, married or single, are currently being sought for national pageants held May 24 to 27 in Kissimmee, Fla. Interested parents or contestants should call (877) 596-9152 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- From staff reports