- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Redhawks picked for fourth in OVC
The Southeast Missouri State softball team was picked for fourth in the Ohio Valley Conference preseason poll, which was voted on by the league's coaches and released Wednesday by the conference.
Tennessee Tech, the defending OVC champions for both the regular-season and tournament, was picked by eight of the league's 10 head coaches to repeat. The Eagles topped the poll, followed by Eastern Kentucky and Jacksonville State.
The Redhawks, who picked up 51 points in the poll, posted a 28-24 record last season and finished fifth in the OVC with a 14-13 mark. The team returns eight letterwinners. including all-OVC selections Megan McDonald, Lindsay Pickering and Michelle Summers.
Southeast opens the season Feb. 17 with three games at the Tennessee-Martin Hospitality House Classic.
Voted on by the league's coaches, with first-place votes in parentheses and total points.
|1. Tennessee Tech (8)||79|
|2. Eastern Kentucky (1)||72|
|3. Jacksonville State (1)||65|
|4. Southeast Missouri State||51|
|7 (t). Austin Peay||30|
|7 (t). Samford||30|
|9. Tennessee State||15|
|10. Morehead State||13|
-- Southeast Missourian