- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Margaret E. Karcher, 91, of Scottsdale, Ariz., died Saturday, Jan. 20, 2007, in Scottsdale.
She was born June 17, 1915, in Cairo, daughter of James Roy and Elizabeth Thomas Hill. She married Ed Karcher, who preceded her in death.
Karcher was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Cairo.
Survivors include a son, Edward Karcher of Scottsdale; a daughter, Diane Hume of St. Louis; a brother, Robert Hill of Fair Oaks, Calif.; a sister, Helen Chandler of North Highland, Calif.; four grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo. The rosary will be recited at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick's Church, with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Villa Ridge, Ill.