- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Virginia Rose Sloan, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2007, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born March 24, 1917, in Van Buren, Mo., daughter of George D. and Nancy "Hattie" Horner Sloan.
Sloan was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include a sister, Eudora Hoskins of Van Buren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, five brothers and a sister.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Doniphan Oak Ridge Cemetery, with the Rev. Rodger Kiepe officiating.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.