- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape/Jackson police report 1/25/07
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests to not imply guilt.
* James E. Schmidt, 32, of 917 Susan Lane, was arrested on an Arnold, Mo., warrant for failure to register motor vehicle.
* A 15-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court on suspicion of misuse of emergency services.
* Cheryl L. Thomas, 27, of 57 Green Acres Drive, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for probation violation.
* Kathryn L. Braselman, 35, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for contempt of court for failure to pay fine and cost for stealing.
* A subject is in custody pending filing of formal charges of domestic assault.
* Patricia K. Davis, 47, of Fredericktown, Mo., was arrested on a St. Francois County warrant for probation violation.
* Anastace Candelario, of 2838 Independence St., No. 21, received a summons for no driver's license and following too closely.
* Cape Girardeau School District, 2860 Hopper Road, reported graffiti on door and roof.
* A vehicle was reported damaged.
* A cell phone was reported stolen at 19 S. Kingshighway.
* Rhodes 101, 1126 N. Sprigg St., reported a theft of gasoline.
* Rhodes 101, 1624 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of gasoline.
* Cash, a debit card and a computer were reported stolen at 1512 N. West End Blvd.
* Fraudulent use of a debit device/stealing was reported.
* American Property Maintenance, 623 S. Silver Springs Road, reported a trailer stolen.
* A Missouri license plate, 8AC16P, was reported stolen.
* Jaspers, 1008 N. Kingshighway, reported a theft of gasoline.
* Prescription medication was reported stolen at 2000 Cape LaCroix Road.
* A wallet was reported lost at West Park Mall.
* A request for service was reported.
* Harassment was reported.
Southeast Missouri State University
The following item was released by the Southeast Missouri University Department of Public Safety. Arrests to not imply guilt.
* An iPod was reported stolen at the Student Rec Center North.
The following items were released by the Jackson Police Department. Arrests to not imply guilt.
* Amanda R. Phelps, 22, of 153 County Road 341, was arrested on a Jackson warrant for failure to appear.
* John R. Wigley, 25, of 119 N. Union Ave., No. 2, was arrested on a Jackson warrant for failure to appear.
* Charles L. Jones, 28, of 631 E. Adams St., No. 1, received a summons for driving while suspended.
* A 16-year-old Cape Girardeau girl received a summons for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license and failure to wear a seat belt.
* Tyler C. Morrison, 18, of Gordonville received a summons for authorizing a person to drive a motor vehicle who had no legal right to do so (no driver's license) and failure to wear a seat belt.
* A theft was reported in the 100 block of South Bellevue Street.
* A burglary was reported in the 400 block of Broadridge Drive.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the 1000 block of Leigh Anne Court.