- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PATTON, Mo. -- Elsie G. Long, 86, of Patton died Monday, Sept. 1, 2003, at the Jackson Manor.
She was born March 20, 1917, at Patton, daughter of Pink and Rella Seabaugh Brotherton. She and Greely Elvin Long were married Jan. 27, 1934. He died Aug. 10, 1997.
She was a member of Post Oak Congregational Methodist Church.
Survivors include two brothers, Cecil Brotherton of Jackson and John Brotherton of Patton; and two sisters, Daisy Hahs of St. Louis and Helen Cook of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Eddie Long and Mickey Ackman officiating. Burial will be Post Oak Cemetery near Patton.