- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Raymond "Bud" Mashek, 80, of Advance, passed away Sunday, Aug. 31, 2003, at the Advance Nursing Center.
He was born on Apr. 2, 1923, at Advance, the son of Frank and Flora Pixley Mashek.
Bud and Alma Tropf were united in marriage on June 15, 1947, in Marquand, Mo. She survives of the home.
Bud was a 1941 graduate of Advance High School. He drove a truck for Elfrank Truck Lines and was a shop foreman for Mirly Truck Sales in Advance.
He was a member of the Advance United Methodist Church, the Advance Masonic Lodge 590, OES Advance Chapter 412, Moolah Temple of St. Louis, member and past president of Capaha Scottish Rite of Cape Girardeau, a weather watcher for the National Weather Service and was an active leader in Boy Scouts. In 1965 the Chamber of Commerce of Cape Girardeau presented him with the Community Leadership Award. He was also an avid golfer.
Other survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Michael and Glynda Mashek of Phoenix, Ariz.; a daughter and son-in-law, Carla and Eddie Hendrix of Advance; a stepsister, Betty Lucas of Phoenix; eleven grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and a host of family, friends and neighbors.
His parents, a stepmother, a sister and three stepbrothers preceded him in death.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Advance United Methodist Church. Masonic service will be at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Revs. Tom Zych and Virgil Bunch officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Advance.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Advance Library Fund.