- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mendy Sue Chapin and Steven Harold Kirk were married Feb. 4, 2006, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. The Rev. Randolph Tochtrop performed the ceremony. Server was Caroline Fowler of New Madrid, Mo., cousin of the groom. Lectors were Lynette Fowler, aunt of the groom, and Loretto Alexander, great-aunt and godmother of the groom, both of New Madrid. Vocalists were Karen Benefield of Jackson and Daryl Wilcoxson of Kennett, Mo. Accompanist was Geri Beussink of Jackson.
Parents of the couple are Johnny and Brenda Chapin of Kennett, Mo., and Roger and Kay Kirk of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Brittany Whitlock of Kennett, niece of the bride. Bridesmaids were Belinda Goodrich and Julie Whitlock of Kennett, sisters of the bride; Alyssa Seabaugh of Jackson, sister of the groom; Sarah Fowler of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom; and Erin Crader of Jackson.
Jonathan Knaup of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Josh Deneke, Michael Siebert, Spencer Hobeck and Scott Crader, all of Jackson, and Eric Niswonger of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Jason Kirk of Tampa, Fla., and John Kirk of Jackson, brothers of the groom; Tyler Stearnes and Caleb Daniels of Jackson.
Flower girls were Veronica Whitlock, niece of the bride, and Sydney Seabaugh, niece of the groom. Ringbearers were Cody Clark, nephew of the bride, and Daniel Seabaugh, nephew of the groom. Veronica is the daughter of Derek and Julie Whitlock. Sydney and Daniel are the children of Drake and Alyssa Seabaugh. Cody is the son of Belinda Goodrich.
Kayla Begemann of Cape Girardeau attended the guest book.
The dinner and dance reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Feb. 3 at their home.
Mrs. Kirk is a 1999 graduate of Kennett High School. She received a bachelor's degree in general studies from Southeast Missouri State University in 2005. She is employed at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed at Saint Francis.
After a wedding trip to Florida, the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.