- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Tickets on sale now for Show Me Center Rodeo
Tickets are on sale for the 19th annual Show Me Center Championship Rodeo, slated for Feb. 2 and 3. The rodeo is a PRCA-sanctioned event featuring riders and ropers from the National and Great Lakes Circuit. For tickets, visit any TicketMaster location or the Show Me Center ticket office, call 651-5000 or visit www.showmecenter.biz.
Moscow Ballet to perform at Shryock
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- The Moscow Festival Ballet will present its production of the popular classic "Don Quixote" at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at Shryock Auditorium in Carbondale. For more information on the performance, call (866) 646-8849.
BBQ judging school coming to Cape Girardeau
A Kansas City Barbeque Society Certified Judging School will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 24 at the Eagles Aerie 3775 in Cape Girardeau. Ed Roith, a founding member of the society, will lead the class, which is open to anyone interested in becoming a certified barbecue judge. Fee is $75, which covers all materials. For more information or to register, contact Connie Hanner at 450-3550.
Food and wine show takes place Jan. 27
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis will present its fifth annual St. Louis Food and Wine Experience on Jan. 27 and 28 at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel, 212 N. Kingshighway. The two-day event will feature guest chefs and wine representatives who will conduct cooking demonstrations and wine sampling. For more information, call (314) 968-4925.
Southern Illinois resident publishes memoir
GRAND CHAIN, Ill. -- Southern Illinois man Eugene J. Ulrich has published an account of his experiences in the Army Air Corps during World War II called "World War II Recollections of Eugene J. Ulrich." The book was published by the on-demand service AuthorHouse. "World War II Recollections" details Ulrich's time in the Air Corps combat group in France and his service with postwar occupation forces in Europe. For more information, visit www.authorhouse.com.
Nicholas Nixon exhibit opens Feb. 2 in St. Louis
ST. LOUIS -- An exhibit of photography by Nicholas Nixon called "Nicholas Nixon: 30 Years of Photography," will open Feb. 2 at the Saint Louis Art Museum. Nixon's photographs have been exhibited at places like the Art Institute of Chicago, the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. The exhibit contains 60 works representative of Nixon's career. For more information, call (314) 721-0072 or visit www.slam.org.
-- From staff reports