- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Illinois wins at Minnesota
MINNEAPOLIS -- Warren Carter had 17 points, 11 rebounds and five assists to lead Illinois to a 64-52 victory over Minnesota on Wednesday night.
Carter and the Fighting Illini (14-6, 2-3 Big Ten), who extended their winning streak against the Gophers (7-11, 1-3) to 16 games, dating to the 1998-99 season, did most of their damage before halftime and led by double digits for the last 27 minutes of the game.
Brian Randle and Trent Meacham each added 12 points for the Illini.
Evansville 75, SIU 68
EVANSVILLE, Ind. -- Matt Webster scored 19 points and grabbed five rebounds to lead Evansville past Southern Illinois.
Kyle Anslinger had 17 points and Bradley Strickland added 14 points and seven rebounds as Evansville (10-9, 3-5 Missouri Valley) snapped a five-game losing streak.
Jamaal Tatum led Southern Illinois (14-5, 5-3) with 29 points and five assists.
-- The Associated Press