- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Health news 1/18/07
Pandemic influenza guide available
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has developed a free 12-page booklet, "Preparing for Pandemic Flu: A Community Guide." The booklet provides information about the pandemic flu, a plan if a pandemic strikes and how to protect against getting and/or spreading the pandemic flu virus. The guide also provides tips for creating family response plans and a list of emergency supplies. To receive a free copy of the booklet, visit the Department of Health and Senior Services Web site at www.dhss.mo.gov. Orders may also be made by calling (573) 751-6062, or by fax at (573) 751-6041. For individual copies, contact the local public health department.
Diabetes support group for diabetes patients and families, at Saint Francis Medical Center's Fitness Plus, 2:30 to 4 p.m.
We Can support group for cancer patients and families, at Southeast Missouri Hospital, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at West Park Mall, 1 to 6 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at the Perryville Community Center, 1 to 6 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at West Park Mall, 3 to 8 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at the Perryville Community Center, 3 to 8 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at West Park Mall, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at the Perryville Community Center, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Diabetes basic skills class at Saint Francis Medical Center's Fitness Plus, 5:30 to 9 p.m. For more information, contact the Diabetes Center at 331-5897.
American Red Cross blood drive at Thomas Kelly High School in Benton, Mo., 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at Cape Bible Chapel, 3 to 7 p.m.
American Red Cross blood drive at the Perry County Memorial Hospital, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
-- From staff reports