- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau man sentenced for molestation
A Cape Girardeau man charged with molesting two preteen girls was sentenced to 15 years in prison Tuesday by Circuit Judge William Syler.
Allen T. Smith, 35, who has been in custody since Nov. 9 on two counts of first-degree child molestation, pleaded guilty and waived a presentencing investigation, Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney Morley Swingle said in a prepared statement.
Smith, who had resided at 13 N. Fountain St., Apt. 1, was related to the girls, who were 9 and 10 years old, respectively, at the time of his crime. He was accused of fondling the girls at their home on separate occasions in 2004. Syler sentenced Smith to the maximum term on each count but allowed the sentences to run concurrently.