- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Frank G. Lence, 90, of Anna died Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2007, at City Care Center.
He was born June 24, 1916, in Saratoga, Ill., son of George and Nannie Russell Lence. He and Minnie Snell were married Oct. 26, 1936, in Cairo, Ill. She died Feb. 24, 1984. He and Violet Snell Solomon were married April 3, 1986, in Las Vegas, Nev.
Lence was a retired lineman. He was a member of IBEW Local 702 in West Frankfort, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Frankie and Bob Lence of Anna, John Lence of Buncombe, Ill.; two sisters, Sybil Miller and Kathleen Winn of Anna; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a granddaughter, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.